Emilio Villalba | Portrait Painting and Design Workshop
This course focuses on the fundamentals of portrait painting as well as further developing your design beyond the limitations of traditional representation.
June 17th, 10:00am-5:00pm
A Southern California native, Emilio Villalba received his BFA from the Art Institute of California in 2006, and his MFA in Painting from the Academy of Art University in 2011. He currently lives and works in San Francisco and is represented by Modern Eden Gallery.
INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP:
Painting Demo from a photograph
Demo will take up 1-2 hours.
Photographs will be provided.
*feel free to bring your own reference photo to paint from. Recommend 7-9 inch portrait on 8x10 paper.
1 hr Lunch Break
Workshop Supply List
*Please Read Full List*
- Titanium White
- Yellow Ochre
- Cadmium Red (hue) *hue is less expensive
- Ivory Black
Bring brushes you are comfortable with.
My brushes include:
- (Utrecht Brand) Synthetic Rounds - Sizes 2 and 4
- (Utrecht Brand) Mixed Synthetic Flat- Sizes 4 and 10
- (Utrecht Brand) Mixed Synthetic Filbert- Sizes 4, 8 and 16
3. Paper Towels
- 1 roll
- I will be painting on a wood palette around 9x12 inches
5. Odorless Turpenoid plus Jar with Lid
6. Canvas or Primed Panel
I will be painting with “Gesso Board” you can find these at Blick or Utrecht art stores.
Any size will do, I will most likely use: 8x10, 9x12 or 11x14 inches
7. Palette Knife
8. Please Bring your own Free Standing Easel or Table Easel.
*TV Tray Table recommended for your Standing Easel
Feel Free to email Emiliovillalba1@gmail.com with any questions. Thanks!